About South Mountain Family Dental
South Mountain Family Dental is a Tempe based family dentist practice that treats patients of all ages. We are committed to delivering the highest quality dental care and do so using state-of-the-art dental equipment. We are a cosmetic dentist that offers services like checkups, teeth cleaning, crowns, veneers and more.
We also perform emergency dentist services that include bonding, root canals, crowns, and bridges. As a local dentist, we create lifelong relationships with our patients and their families and work to ensure that they receive treatments in a comfortable and relaxed environment. The Team and our staff invite you to schedule an appointment by calling 602-282-6078 and experience why our patients think South Mountain Family Dental is the best dentist in Tempe.
Meet The Doctors
DR. MICHAEL DICKERSONDoctor of Medicine in Dentistry
Dr. Dickerson attended Arizona State University, and studied dentistry at The Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health. He is always striving to further his dental education and stay on the cutting edge of dentistry through numerous hours of continuing education courses each year. Dr. Dickerson has completed extensive ongoing certifications, including becoming certified as a provider for implant dentistry, 6 Month Braces techniques, Invisalign technology, and same day crown system.
Dr. Dickerson is a member of the American Dental Association and the Arizona Dental Association and many other associations and organizations.
Dr. Dickerson and his wife, Deanna have been married for 10 years and have four children. Together, they enjoy hiking, watching movies and spending time with friends and family. They are thrilled to raise their family in the valley of the sun close to their families!
- Hometown: Mesa, Arizona
- Family: Dr. Dickerson and his wife Deanna have four kids, Raegan, Weston, Ethan and their baby Cassie. He and his family reside in Mesa.
- Hobbies: Dr. Dickerson is a local Boy Scout leader and an Eagle Scout himself. He loves spending time outdoors, especially working on his yard. He is very big into DIY jobs, and loves video editing and filming. His hobbies include Basketball, Triathlons, and loves Sports.
- Bilingual : Tagalog / Filipino
DR. HEATH SNELL
Dr. Heath Snell believes in providing professional sedation surgical services in the comfortable and convenient environment of a general dentist office. He joins the South Mountain Family Dental team to perform in-house wisdom teeth removal and sedation for our patients receiving dental treatments.
Dr. Snell graduated Summa Cum Laude from Arizona State University for his undergraduate studies. He then attended the University Of Colorado School Of Dentistry where he pursued his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree. He was nominated into the prestigious omicron Kappa Upsilon dental honors society along with receiving several awards and honors while in dental school. A one-year course of study in Advanced Education in General Dentistry following his graduation from dental school provided Dr. Snell with the required training to be certified to perform extraction of wisdom teeth and iv sedation.
Dr. Snell is a member and associated with the American Dental Association, Arizona Dental Association and the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology.
- Hometown: Mesa, Arizona
- Family: Dr. Snell and his wife Chelsea have 5 children and he resides in Gilbert, AZ
- Hobbies: Dr. Snell is very active in his church and community. He enjoys athletic sports and has participated on City football and basketball teams. His hobbies include watching or playing sports and photography.
Meet The Team
With over 25 years of dental experience, Amy feels that her role is to help patients understand that dentistry is a vital part of their overall health and that their dental health can greatly impact their medical health. She has implemented an array of wonderful programs to help better serve our patients and is certain to ensure you and your family are well cared for at every single visit. She is experienced in virtually every facet of dentistry, thus enabling her to fully educate and respond to all patient’s needs. She is proud to be at South Mountain Family Dental where she says she “has never seen an office more committed to every patient by bringing back all the fundamentals of superior service”!
- Hometown: Northern California
- Family: Husband John, 3 adorable daughters, Madelynn, Giovanna & Rhiannon and dog, Tinker
- Hobbies: Treasuring every moment with her family, planning family vacation, board games and swimming.
Sarah has such a kind heart and very compassionate! Sarah has a sincere desire to help others improve their health and smile, with her friendly, caring personality. She prides herself on making sure every task and patient is taken care of! Sarah is a good communicator and, best of all, a great listener which helps when responding to our patients’ needs! As our treatment coordinator, she ensures that each patient is able to make an informed decision on their dental care and fully understands their insurance benefits. She has over 11 years of dental experience in virtually all aspects of dentistry and will help make your visit at South Mountain Family Dental a fantastic one!
- Hometown: Glendora, California
- Family: Husband, James (married in 2012), Daughters, Aubrey, and Hailey, Chloe the cat
- Hobbies: Spending time with family, outdoor activities, staying active, baking when time permits and shopping!
AngelicaPatient Care Coordinator
Everyone loves Angelica! She greets you every day with a smile, warm welcome and will ensure each dental visit starts great! She loves interacting with the patients and making sure they feel as comfortable as possible before each visit. She brings extensive knowledge of dental insurance and can answer any question regarding insurance coverage! She has seven years in customer service and three years of experience in the dental field. Angelica is very dedicated to learning as much as she can about dentistry and how she can help patients with their smiles and overall oral healthcare!
- Hometown: Phoenix, Arizona
- Family: Two sons, Sencere and Eli and the baby girl Mila
- Hobbies: : Spending time with family and friends, baking/cooking and outside activities hiking and football are a family favorite!
ValeriePatient Care Coordinator
Valerie is always smiling and such fun to be around! Valerie helps patients understand their treatment needs, along with the insurance and the financial aspects of their treatment to ensure their visits are successful from start to finish! Valerie enjoys being part of a team that is passionate about helping people feel and look their best when it comes to oral health. Valerie says, “A smile is worth a thousand words”! Moms love for the industry must have rubbed off on her son - Her oldest son will be applying to dental school in 2020!
- Hometown: Oregon
- Family: Husband, Three Boys, One Girl
- Hobbies: Loves anything outdoors, including camping, hiking, going to the dunes, hitting up the lake! Loves spending time with family, there are eight kids and 31 grandkids in her immediate family.
Always full of energy, fun-loving, kind and considerate. Brittini enjoys having fun, like dressing up for Halloween and other special occasions. Not sure if her high-energy comes from her love of coffee or her love of CrossFit. While she brings that fun sparkle to the office and claims she is an aspiring adult, she is passionate about the care and education of her patients. Brittini received her bachelor’s degree in Dental Hygiene from Northern Arizona University 2015. She grew up in the dental field – her first job was a scribe for her family dentist. She served as a sergeant in the Arizona State Army National Guard for 6 years and worked as a Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear specialist. Her dental philosophy is to treat every patient as an individual and provide specific, tailored treatment. She believes in working alongside patients to help them understand and to aid them in obtaining optimal oral health. She genuinely cares for all her patients!
- Hometown: Phoenix, Arizona
- Family: Daughter, Eleanore` and Son, Lincoln, and way too many pets.
- Hobbies: Playing card games with her kids, especially “Trash” and “Go-Fish”, she loves CrossFit, drinking obscene amounts of coffee, Lord of the Rings junkie, cats…anything to do with cats. Netflix, Hiking and eating Oreos by the sleeve!
Gaylee is not only sweet and patient, she is an excellent hygienist whose main goal is to interact and create relationships with her patients while providing great quality care! Gaylee graduated from Phoenix College with her dental hygiene degree in 2005. Gaylee has been gently caring for patients in the dental profession for over 18 years! Of those 18 years, 14 of them she has been a Dental Hygienist. She has copious experience with fearful patients and can relate – she used to be one! Gaylee takes great pride in educating and promoting good oral hygiene as it applies to overall health. She is passionate about helping people discover they can have great teeth and a healthy mouth.
- Hometown: all over the US – Air Force
- Family: : Husband, Russ (of 40 years), 6 children Brittani, Calli, Brianne, Katelyn, Logan, Dallin and 4 grandchildren and two furry babies, Rosco and Patches
- Hobbies: Time with family, traveling to the beach, crafts, restoring 56 Chevy, watching classic movies
She is thorough and gentle, and truly exemplified the South Mountain Family Dental philosophy of providing honest, comprehensive dental care while putting our patient’s needs first and seeing our patient’s smile! Reese has been in the dental field for 19 years. She is known as our “Floss Boss”! Reese graduated from Fortis School of Dental Hygiene. She loves to laugh, make people laugh and anything to do with the dental world. Reese’s goal for each day is to make her patients feel welcomed, comfortable and looking forward to their next visit. She is your friend here in the dental world.
- Hometown: Livermore, CA
- Family: Husband, Toff and a Dog Mom to 3 Akitas, Tiberius, Zoe & Phoebe
- Hobbies: Hiking, home décor, traveling and anything that involves being a dog mom!
Kind, sweet and diligent, Chris’s favorite part of dentistry is watching the lives of her patients change before her eyes! Chris has been a dental field for over 36 years and she loves “bonding” with her patients and making them feel at ease in the chair. Chris enjoys getting to know her patients, treats her patients like family, and making them feel extremely comfortable while in the dental chair. She is detailed and makes sure her patients understand the procedures they are having done. As we call Chris, the “guru of dental”, she has worked in every aspect of the dental office and seen technology advance over the years. Chris is a tremendous asset to the South Mountain Family Dental team!
- Hometown: Mesa, Arizona
- Family: 4 boys, Travis, Tyler, Trevor, Tanner, 3 Grandkids, Liam, Coleter, and Kinley
- Hobbies: Spend time with family, and spending time with her grandkids and her youngest son who has a disability. Loves the outdoors, going out to restaurants.
Jean has over 20 years of experience in the dental field and particularly with orthodontics. She has managed dental offices and worked chairside with patients throughout the Phoenix metro valley and brings her knowledge and willingness to help in any way throughout the office every day. Her favorite part of working at South Mountain Family Dental is being able to share her knowledge of our excellent dentistry and the caring staff with the greater Tempe area. You will mostly see her out and about in our community helping support our local Schools, retirement centers, youth activities and businesses, sharing the importance of good oral hygiene for your overall good health. She has a passion and love for the industry!
- Hometown: Phoenix, Arizona
- Family: Husband, Peter, sons (Brandon & Trevor) and step sons (Donny & Timmy)
- Hobbies: Hanging out with my family and friends. Camping, road trips, gardening and being active.