South Mountain Family Dental is a Tempe based family dentist practice that treats patients of all ages. We are committed to delivering the highest quality dental care and do so using state-of-the-art dental equipment. We are a cosmetic dentist that offers services like checkups, teeth cleaning, crowns, veneers and more.
We also perform emergency dentist services that include bonding, root canals, crowns, and bridges. As a local dentist, we create lifelong relationships with our patients and their families and work to ensure that they receive treatments in a comfortable and relaxed environment. The Team and our staff invite you to schedule an appointment by calling 602-282-6078 and experience why our patients think South Mountain Family Dental is the best dentist in Tempe.
Meet The Doctor
DR. MICHAEL DICKERSONDoctor of Medicine in Dentistry
Dr. Dickerson attended Arizona State University, and studied dentistry at The Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health. He is always striving to further his dental education and stay on the cutting edge of dentistry through numerous hours of continuing education courses each year. Dr. Dickerson has completed extensive ongoing certifications, including becoming certified as a provider for implant dentistry, 6 Month Braces techniques, Invisalign technology, and same day crown system.
Dr. Dickerson is a member of the American Dental Association and the Arizona Dental Association and many other associations and organizations.
Dr. Dickerson and his wife, Deanna have been married for 10 years and have four children. Together, they enjoy hiking, watching movies and spending time with friends and family. They are thrilled to raise their family in the valley of the sun close to their families!
- Hometown: Mesa, Arizona
- Family: Dr. Dickerson and his wife Deanna have four kids, Raegan, Weston, Ethan and their baby Cassie. He and his family reside in Mesa.
- Hobbies: Dr. Dickerson is a local Boy Scout leader and an Eagle Scout himself. He loves spending time outdoors, especially working on his yard. He is very big into DIY jobs, and loves video editing and filming. His hobbies include Basketball, Triathlons, and loves Sports.
- Bilingual : Tagalog / Filipino
DR. HEATH SNELL
Dr. Heath Snell believes in providing professional sedation surgical services in the comfortable and convenient environment of a general dentist office. He joins the South Mountain Family Dental team to perform in-house wisdom teeth removal and sedation for our patients receiving dental treatments.
Dr. Snell graduated Summa Cum Laude from Arizona State University for his undergraduate studies. He then attended the University Of Colorado School Of Dentistry where he pursued his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree. He was nominated into the prestigious omicron Kappa Upsilon dental honors society along with receiving several awards and honors while in dental school. A one-year course of study in Advanced Education in General Dentistry following his graduation from dental school provided Dr. Snell with the required training to be certified to perform extraction of wisdom teeth and iv sedation.
Dr. Snell is a member and associated with the American Dental Association, Arizona Dental Association and the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology.
- Hometown: Mesa, Arizona
- Family: Dr. Snell and his wife Chelsea have 5 children and he resides in Gilbert, AZ
- Hobbies: Dr. Snell is very active in his church and community. He enjoys athletic sports and has participated on City football and basketball teams. His hobbies include watching or playing sports and photography.
Meet The Team
With over 20 years of dental experience, Amy feels that her role is to help patients understand that dentistry is a vital part of their overall health and that their dental health can greatly impact their medical health. She has implemented an array of wonderful programs to help better serve our patients and is certain to ensure you and your family are well cared for at every single visit. She is experienced in virtually every facet of dentistry, thus enabling her to fully educate and respond to all patient’s needs. She is proud to be at South Mountain Family Dental where she says she “has never seen an office more committed to every patient by bringing back all the fundamentals of superior service”!
- Hometown: Northern California
- Family: Husband John, 3 adorable daughters (Madelynn, Giovanna & Rhiannon) and dog, Tinker
- Hobbies: Treasuring every moment with her family, planning family vacation, board games and swimming.
Dynamic is the best way to describe Kristen’s personality! Smart and kind, she loves experiencing the advances in dentistry and working with team members who become like family. She has worked in the dental field for over 15 years as both a dental assistant and a treatment coordinator. Kristen helps patients understand their treatment needs, along with the insurance and the financial aspects of their treatment to ensure their visits are successful from start to finish! Kristen feels being part of an amazing team makes it easy to ensure our patients are treated like family and she is very successful at doing just that!
- Hometown: El Paso, Texas
- Family:Son, Mason and 2 fur babies, an English Bulldog named Chulo and a Boxer by the name of Owen
- Hobbies: Spending time with my family and friends and when I can, watching my favorite football team, Go Steelers!!!
RaychellePatient Care Coordinator
Everyone loves Raychelle! Our bubbly patient care coordinator greets you every day with a smile and warm welcome, and will ensure each dental visit starts great! Raychelle has been in the dental field since 2015. She has always found dentistry to be intriguing and figured out in her early high school years that the dental field is where she would like to be working someday. She recently graduated from MCC with her associate’s degree and is now attending the dental hygiene program. She loves to help patients feel confident and happy with their smiles and their overall oral health at South Mountain Family Dental.
- Hometown: Mesa, Arizona
- Family: 2 older sisters (Lindsi & Tiffany)
- Hobbies: Spending time with family and friends, baking/cooking, staying active/exercising, and traveling.
Trista is always smiling and such fun to be around! Trista has a sincere desire to help others improve their health and smile, with her friendly, caring personality. She prides herself on making sure every task and patient is taken care of! Trista is a good communicator and, best of all, a great listener which helps when responding to our patients’ needs! As our treatment coordinator, she ensures that each patient is able to make an informed decision on their dental care and fully understands their insurance benefits. She has over 11 years of dental experience in virtually all aspects of dentistry and will help make your visit at South Mountain Family Dental a fantastic one!
- Hometown: Marshfield, Wisconsin
- Family: 2 older brothers (Travis and Troy) and a twin sister (Trisha)
- Hobbies: Volleyball, golf, hiking/running and spending time with friends and family.
Natisha is not only sweet and patient, she is an excellent hygienist whose main goal is to interact and create relationships with her patients while providing great quality care! Natisha graduated from the Mandl School of Allied Health in 1993 with her dental hygiene degree. She then continued her education and received her BS in Health Administration from the University of Phoenix in 1998. When Natisha started in the dental field over 24 years ago, she started as a dental assistant which helped her pursue her passion in dental hygiene. She is thorough and gentle, and truly exemplified the South Mountain Family Dental philosophy of providing honest, comprehensive dental care while putting our patient’s needs first and seeing our patient’s smile!
- Hometown: New York
- Family: Husband, Keith, 3 sons (Travarn, Malik & Keith Jr) 3 daughters (Tiyonna, Brandy & Tosha) and dog Laila
- Hobbies: Cooking, gardening, and outdoor activities
Shalyn is a compassionate and gentle dental hygienist! She has been in the dental field for 10 years. Shalyn started out in the front office assisting patients when she was in High School and then went on to pursue her passion as a dental hygienist. She graduated from the dental hygiene program at Rio Salado. Shalyn truly loves being a dental hygienist and her love for her work shows through every day in the care and attention she provides each patient. Shalyn is a good communicator and, best of all, a great listener and will help make your experience at South Mountain Family Dental a fantastic one!
- Hometown: Vancouver, Washington
- Family: Husband, Cooper, 2 sons (Brody & Brighton) and 1 daughter (Bryleen)
- Hobbies: Loves to eat great food! Travel, play board games and outdoor activities.
Energetic, vibrant & just plain fun, Leslie’s favorite part of dentistry is watching the lives of her patients change before her eyes! As our dental assistant, she ensures that each patient receives the utmost care at all times while at South Mountain Family Dental! She graduated from North Texas Community College with her dental assisting certification in 2012. Leslie has a passion for the dental world and being able to communicate with her patient oral health care needs. Always willing to help, Leslie’s goal for each day is to make her patients feel welcomed, comfortable and to have the best dental experience. She enjoys being able to boost her patients confidence - A smile gives her a rewarding feeling!
- Hometown : Yuma, AZ
- Family : Engaged, Two brothers and her dog, Duke
- Hobbies : Hiking, Zumba, cooking, watching football "Go Cardinals" and traveling.
- Bilingual : Spanish
Jean has over 20 years of experience in the dental field and particularly with orthodontics. She has managed dental offices and worked chairside with patients throughout the Phoenix metro valley and brings her knowledge and willingness to help in any way throughout the office every day. Her favorite part of working at South Mountain Family Dental is being able to share her knowledge of our excellent dentistry and the caring staff with the greater Tempe area. You will mostly see her out and about in our community helping support our local Schools, retirement centers, youth activities and businesses, sharing the importance of good oral hygiene for your overall good health. She has a passion and love for the industry!
- Hometown : Phoenix, Arizona
- Family : Husband, Peter, sons (Brandon & Trevor) and step sons (Donny & Timmy)
- Hobbies : Hanging out with my family and friends. Camping, road trips, gardening and being active.